Changing Places makes magic happen!
- Changing Places moved an older gentleman from a 2,800 Sq Ft home into a 600 Sq Ft apartment in the San Francisco Towers.
- Our team was able to sell some of our client’s antiques at auction to help eliminate clutter while helping him downsize.
- The funds made from selling the antiques at auction paid for our client’s entire move plus our services!
- Our team mapped a floor plan before the move and helped to design our client’s new apartment.
- Changing Places provided our client with the opportunity to come out and be creative with a little space that he has chosen to spend the next chapter of his life.
Our client’s previous home. Our team was able to sell some of our client’s antiques at auction while we were helping him downsize. The funds from the sale of the antiques netted more than double the cost of our services and the moving expenses!
Our client’s new apartment in the San Francisco Towers. An old life replaced by a very fun new one! A fresh start with vibrant colors.
“Changing Places exceeded my expectations. They customized their services to meet my needs. Outstanding is not sufficient praise for what they accomplished.
The move entailed a major downsizing and owner Margaret Walsh made sure that the items I would not be taking were sold in an appropriate venue. Among other things, Margaret Walsh said that the proceeds from the items I sold would pay for Changing Places’ services and the cost of the move. Thus far I have netted more than double the cost of their services and the moving expenses. Moving is stressful—and moving from my home of 35 years was a staggering event. Changing Places made it smooth and successful. Their work reduced my stress enormously.”
Gustavo Serina, San Francisco, CA
It may be a happy occasion, but a move is still a disruption of your routine. And any disruption of your routine causes stress. Moving disrupts the entire family.
Moves are considered one of the top five biggest stressors in life (alongside job loss, divorce and major illness).
If moving is so stressful, why do we do it? According to Forbes Magazine we move for positive reasons: to start a family or a new job; to live on our own, be closer to work or retire; to have a yard for a dog.
When the tasks associated with the move start to seem unbearable, take a deep breath and remember why you’re moving. This alone will reduce stress.
A professional mover can help not only with the move, but can increase the sales value of your home by suggesting “refreshes,” such as staging or decorating ideas…keeping everything on time and budget….
The summer moving season is in full swing! Thank you for your referrals, recommendations, and connections to make this quite a year for Changing-Places, Inc. We graciously thank all of you: clients, friends and service providers – we couldn’t have done it without you!