Summer is the new Spring!
What used to be a bustling Spring "selling season" for home sellers has turned into a Summer one. The award-winning Changing Places team is already hard at work preparing our clients' home for sale. We're working virtually and on-site, using COVID safety protocols. We're expertly moving our clients forward and meeting "listing-ready" deadlines, too.
How can we help you get ready to list?
Our services include de-cluttering, staging, consignment, donation, finding the perfect mover, arranging cleaning services, furniture repair, digitizing memorabilia, and more!
April 28, 2020 by Margaret Fearey Walsh of Changing Places, Inc.
Changing Places founder & president Margaret Fearey Walsh and her award-winning team offer wise advice to help us survive and thrive while we stay at home.
Virtual Move Preparation Now While You’re Home
Right now, we crave family and community. Our Changing Places team is truly a family of men and women in business for 27 years–offering moving and relocation help all over the Bay Area. Our focus is downsizing, moving, organizing, and staging at our clients’ homes. Our mission is to create order, peace of mind, and beauty.
Amid the pandemic, Changing Places and movers are deemed essential services. Just last month, we were honored to help a family who lost a home in the Sonoma County fires move into their dream home in Healdsburg. We are essential and we are here for you.
During this time of sheltering in place, our team offers our relocation services to clients virtually to orchestrate and plan every aspect of the move process.
This newfound time at home is the perfect opportunity clear the clutter and find peace of mind in your household. We’re all spending more time cooking, cleaning and baking with our kids.
You’ve probably heard the thoroughly researched data that moving is one of the most stressful of life events, ahead of divorce or a break up. Finding the best moving company, coordinating packing, and then dealing with a dysfunctional home for weeks after moving day are huge contributors to this stress.
Fortunately we’re here to help get your home organized as fast as possible. If you’re looking for some practical, easy-to-understand tips for stress-free unpacking, take a look at this unpacking article from lifestyle website thespruce.com. Some highlights:
- Get the essentials unpacked first, then take your time with the rest of the house.
- Plan each room before you unpack too many boxes.
- Anticipate future needs. Rather than putting off work—such as lining cabinet shelves or installing closet organizers—do it now, when it is most efficient.
- Let each member of the family unpack their own bedroom, as applicable. This allows kids to participate in the event.
To Get Organized?
Did you know Changing Places stages homes using your own furniture?
How do we do this?
- de-clutter: closets, cabinets and storage spaces
- depersonalize: allow potential buyers to envision themselves in your house, not you
- remove excess furniture, art and knickknacks
- save you money through light staging
- get the property on the market quickly, while packing you to move
- make it fun, effortless and easy
Getting ready to list your house?
Contact us to see how we can help you.
“Changing-Places is a very reliable source during any move, purge, or home preparation. Simply said, any time you’re “changing places,” they are miracle workers, and very resourceful and trustworthy. I could not recommend them more!”
– Malin Giddings, Compass Real Estate
Changing Places makes magic happen!
- Changing Places moved an older gentleman from a 2,800 Sq Ft home into a 600 Sq Ft apartment in the San Francisco Towers.
- Our team was able to sell some of our client’s antiques at auction to help eliminate clutter while helping him downsize.
- The funds made from selling the antiques at auction paid for our client’s entire move plus our services!
- Our team mapped a floor plan before the move and helped to design our client’s new apartment.
- Changing Places provided our client with the opportunity to come out and be creative with a little space that he has chosen to spend the next chapter of his life.
Our client’s previous home. Our team was able to sell some of our client’s antiques at auction while we were helping him downsize. The funds from the sale of the antiques netted more than double the cost of our services and the moving expenses!
Our client’s new apartment in the San Francisco Towers. An old life replaced by a very fun new one! A fresh start with vibrant colors.
“Changing Places exceeded my expectations. They customized their services to meet my needs. Outstanding is not sufficient praise for what they accomplished.
The move entailed a major downsizing and owner Margaret Walsh made sure that the items I would not be taking were sold in an appropriate venue. Among other things, Margaret Walsh said that the proceeds from the items I sold would pay for Changing Places’ services and the cost of the move. Thus far I have netted more than double the cost of their services and the moving expenses. Moving is stressful—and moving from my home of 35 years was a staggering event. Changing Places made it smooth and successful. Their work reduced my stress enormously.”
Gustavo Serina, San Francisco, CA
It may be a happy occasion, but a move is still a disruption of your routine. And any disruption of your routine causes stress. Moving disrupts the entire family.
Moves are considered one of the top five biggest stressors in life (alongside job loss, divorce and major illness).
If moving is so stressful, why do we do it? According to Forbes Magazine we move for positive reasons: to start a family or a new job; to live on our own, be closer to work or retire; to have a yard for a dog.
When the tasks associated with the move start to seem unbearable, take a deep breath and remember why you’re moving. This alone will reduce stress.
A professional mover can help not only with the move, but can increase the sales value of your home by suggesting “refreshes,” such as staging or decorating ideas…keeping everything on time and budget….
The summer moving season is in full swing! Thank you for your referrals, recommendations, and connections to make this quite a year for Changing-Places, Inc. We graciously thank all of you: clients, friends and service providers – we couldn’t have done it without you!